This article on pricing experiments is very interesting. Give it a read if you are at the point of revenue and looking for additional ways to monetize / guide purchasing decisions.
- Offer three options (Option A, Option A-, and Option B) – People will compare Option A to Option A- and more often choose Option A.
- End your prices in 9. Mention old price crossed out. = More Sales!
- Anchor your prices: Toss out high priced alternatives to convey the VALUE of what you actually sell
- Simple pricing for value propositions which include “simplicity”
- Consider name your own pricing with a “suggested” price
- Price perception: IE Pennies a day.. or change the perception of the category you are. IE Starbucks isn’t in selling coffee. They sell the experience
Amazing things to consider. It is a bit early for where we are with InfoActive but will hopefully have the ‘pricing’ problem soon!