- Do not outsource your product. Keep product development, key management, and customer acquisition in house. Outsource everything else.
- Negotiate everything. Be a hard-ass when it makes sense. Don’t sweat the small things but don’t be a push over.
- Know the investor game. Know what it means to receive investment. Know the process.
- Stay focused. Explore other options after you get a repeatable profit machine churning away.
- Early traction. Yes you have some users and yes they are paying. Or yes you have 10000 people on your mailing list. Something.
- Passionate team. You are passionate, right?
- Maximize variable costs. Hiring with salaries = high fixed costs. Outsource as much as possible.
- Clear crisp offering. So much clutter in the market place you need to be able to communicate what you do.
- Big market. Of course.
I’m sure there are many more but these are key!